Database Engineer (Implementation)
About hSenid Mobile Solutions
hSenid Mobile Solutions is a company with a proud history of 25 years of innovation and proven expertise whilst having the heart of a startup. We design and build innovative cutting-edge technology platforms and provide Next-Gen Systems Integration services that enable the digital transformation of businesses. Our solutions are used by leading telecommunication providers, Banking & Financial institutions and Enterprises around the globe.
Do you love the challenge of new and interesting problems? Do you have a knack for automating anything you have to do more than twice? Do you want to become an expert Database Administrator (DBA)? If you answered yes, then you’ll love working on our systems engineering team at hSenid Mobile Solutions.
Our teams work with customers around the world. Each customer’s deployments and challenges are unique, offering something new day after day. You will help our customers succeed by delivering expert-level services including database monitoring, making recommendations to improve performance and durability, fixing things when they break, helping design new architectures and implement best practices, performing upgrades, configuring and monitoring backups, assisting with recoveries, and other related DBA-level tasks as needed. You will utilize advanced troubleshooting skills and creative problem-solving capabilities. You must be self-motivated and capable of working autonomously.
What you will be doing
- Perform DBA activities remotely with customers around the world
- Automate various DBA tasks
- Set up monitoring and other activities on customer servers
- Perform periodic health checks and reports on customer systems
- Help improve practices and common methodologies
- Ability to be on call as needed to guarantee customer SLAs
- Ability to travel internationally for company-related meetings
- Work with business solutions and development team on solution architecture
- Onsite and Remote Acceptance testing with customers
- Technical training to customers
- Passion for serving customers and solving technical problems
- Strong knowledge in Linux, databases, web servers and application servers
- Experience with MariaDB/MySQL/PostgreSQL and surrounding tools
- Knowledge of SQL query writing and optimization
- Knowledge of database design, administration, tuning, development or architecture
- Understanding of various high availability environments and technologies
- Very strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working remotely
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
The selected candidate can expect a very competitive compensation with other corporate fringe benefits. You will be a part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities.